Below is my entry for the ITAC 2017 Tournament of Art & Craft.
This was a wonderful challenge! I started with the “face” component and was immediately drawn to a stamp that I had in my inventory of a Victorian Lady in a collage setting. This image is what I built my double flat canvas Mixed Media project around.
- A layer of music print (from a vintage music book of Bach “The High Mass”) was adhered to an 8″ x 8″ flat panel canvas. I love the notes peaking through the background on this piece!
- Lace was added as a frame around a 5″ x 5″ flat canvas panel (that was adhered to the 8″ x 8″ panel).
- Texture paste was applied through a corner stencils to add texture to the upper and lower corners of the project. This corner stencil reminded me of the roof line of a Victorian home
- Acrylic paints and sprays were used to add color and texture. I tried to stick to a Victorian color palette.
- A text stencil was used with acrylic paint on the 5″ x 5″ canvas panel to add further interest and dimension (and also meant to touch on the “letters” criteria of the challenge).
- The face image was stamped on Tim Holtz tissue paper applied as the focal point, front and center in the canvas. Blue was used on her dress and around the collage border to bring additional focus to the focal image.
- Metal pieces , flowers, and pearls were used to embellish the canvas.
Not 100% sure that I hit on the modern component unless you count the use of the Tim Holtz tissue paper, that is pretty modern. lol
I can’t wait for the next challenge, I might even play around a little more this one…maybe a coordinating card
- Victorian Stamp images – The Angel company
- Corner Stencil – Club Scrap Inc.
- Script Stencil by The Crafters Workshop
- Acrylic inks and sprays
- Recollection paper flowers – white
- Metal embellishments
- Buttons and pearls
- Lace by Wyla Inc.
- Deco Art – Metallic Lustre
- Ranger, texture paste
- Finnabiar – Art Basics, Gesso and gloss gel
- Golden, Gloss Glazing Liquid
- Ranger, Archival Ink
- Vintage book text (music print)
4 thoughts on “ITAC 2017 – Challenge 1”
glorious, Lori! I always love your mixed media pieces! This could hang in a museum!
And you always make my day, Vickie Jo!! So glad you like it! 🙂
Beautiful !! Love all these colours and textures ! Can’t wait to see your next projects ❤️