This project idea was inspired by a Youtube video by Caroline, “My Home of the Hillside”. In her video, Caroline created 3 Shabby Chic projects featuring Rosette Roses hand-made from strips of scrap fabric. Well, I just had to try making these beautiful trash to treasure roses! And with that, came my Shabby Chic framed Dragonfly project. This creation features an upcycled old frame and other reuse and repurposed materials.
My project, Shabby Chic framed Dragonfly
- The Robins Nest Creative – Dew Drops
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Trimmings, Heart Charms, Word bands
- Ranger Archival Ink – Onyx Black
- Deco Art Dazzling Metallics – Rich Expresso
- Deco Art Dura Clear Varnish – Matte
- Deco Art Premium – White Gesso
- Faber Castell Artist PITT Pens
- Fabric Editions Inc, Fabric Elements – Osnaburg
- canvas cloth
- 7″ x 8″ frame
- backing board
- fiber mesh
- collage materials
Mixed Media Quick Tips Video
I hope you enjoyed this project and will check out Caroline’s video and Youtube page! The Rosette Roses are really fun to make and are a great way to use up old fabric scraps. Tune in for more project using upcycled, reuse, and repurposed elements.
A Company(s) that I am affiliated with or Design for may have provided me with product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.