It’s Day 1 of the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Fridafest Blog Hop! So, once you check out my Fridafest inspiration piece below…hop onto to the next blog for more creative Frida Fun!
While researching the colors of Mexico, I found this lovely photo of colorful houses on a hillside and loved it. The colors are so bright and lively!
It was the perfect inspiration for my first Fridafest Card! I hope you find inspiration from this photo as well as my card below!
Lost Coast Designs:
- Chalk ink
- Permanent Ink
- White Pen
- Scrap piece of Mounting foam – square
- Cut a square from a scrap piece of mounting foam and use as a stamp to create a pattern of colored squares on a card panel. Use a variety of chalk inks
- Stamp image from the ATC Misc. 6 Set onto card panel with grey ink.
- In the center of the card panel, stamp the Frida Woodcut image with black permanent ink.
- Use another image from the ATC Misc. 6 Set to add script to the background with black permanent ink.
- Apply inks (same colors from background squares) directly to craft matte and add water. Then use the wet ink (like you would watercolors) to color Frida Image.
- Use a white pen to sketch around the Frida image, add border around card and draw tiny windows and doors onto the squares in the background.
- Edge panel and card base with black ink. Adhere panel to card base.
Be sure to go the the next blog for more Fridafest inspiration for more Fridafest inspiration. Also remember to leave comments for a chance to win (see Lost Coast Design Blog Hop post for details).
Blog Hop List:
A Company(s) that I am affiliated with or Design for may have provided me with product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.