It’s Day 1 of the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Fridafest Blog Hop! So, once you check out my Fridafest inspiration piece below…hop onto to the next blog for more creative Frida Fun!
While researching the colors of Mexico, I found this lovely photo of colorful houses on a hillside and loved it. The colors are so bright and lively!
It was the perfect inspiration for my first Fridafest Card! I hope you find inspiration from this photo as well as my card below!
Lost Coast Designs:
- Chalk ink
- Permanent Ink
- White Pen
- Scrap piece of Mounting foam – square
- Cut a square from a scrap piece of mounting foam and use as a stamp to create a pattern of colored squares on a card panel. Use a variety of chalk inks
- Stamp image from the ATC Misc. 6 Set onto card panel with grey ink.
- In the center of the card panel, stamp the Frida Woodcut image with black permanent ink.
- Use another image from the ATC Misc. 6 Set to add script to the background with black permanent ink.
- Apply inks (same colors from background squares) directly to craft matte and add water. Then use the wet ink (like you would watercolors) to color Frida Image.
- Use a white pen to sketch around the Frida image, add border around card and draw tiny windows and doors onto the squares in the background.
- Edge panel and card base with black ink. Adhere panel to card base.
Be sure to go the the next blog for more Fridafest inspiration for more Fridafest inspiration. Also remember to leave comments for a chance to win (see Lost Coast Design Blog Hop post for details).
Blog Hop List:
Click Here for Blog Hop main post
A Company(s) that I am affiliated with or Design for may have provided me with product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.
10 thoughts on “Lost Coast Designs Fridafest Blog Hop Day 1”
Wow, love the colourful picture inspiration and wonderful to see how you built up the layers. Love it. Hugz
Thank you, Gail!
Hi Lori. I loved reading how you have built up the layers with colour and stamping!
Ink Art Designs
Thank you, Dot!
I love this artsy Frida card and enjoyed your picture tutorial showing your process. The Frida woodcut stamp is simply wonderful and your chalky colour blocks replicate the Mexican houses on the hillside so well. Beautiful work! x
Thank you, Carole! I appreciate your comment and am happy that you liked this project!
Gorgeous! I like how you were inspired by the colorful homes image. Thanks for your step-by-step instructions.
Thank you very much! Happy that you liked this project. Happy day to you!
Wow, what a fabulous way to create that colourful background. The images looks great against it, Jo x
Thank you! So happy that you like this project! Happy day to you!