It’s Blog Hop time, Mayan style! Lost Coast Designs is the perfect place to find interesting and fun stamps that will enhance your rubber stamp stash! Like, the new Mayan Hieroglyphs and Mayan Stele stamps; they are the perfect example of the unique and creative images that you can find. So, of course, we are celebrating with a blog hop that is sure to inspire!
Lost Coast Designs Stamps:
- Ranger Archival ink, Jet black
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic paint, Lamp black
- DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish
- Ranger Distress Oxide Ink
- White Gesso
- Faber-Castell Artist Pitt Pens
- Cut pottery shape card using template (see link to free download below).
- Use wet method to apply distress Oxide to card front. Allow to dry.
- With blending tool, apply Walnut Distress Oxide around edges of card.
- Seal with a coat of Matte Varnish. Allow to dry.
- Apply white gesso to the Fibers background stamp with a brayer, then stamp onto card front.
- Draw lines on card to create dimension to the pottery card, see card for placement.
- Stamp Mayan Stele onto the top and bottom of card with Black Archival Ink. See card for example.
- Stamp a Mayan Hieroglyphs image onto tissue paper (with Black Archival ink) and then adhere to card with Matte Vanish. Allow to dry.
- Add color and shading to card and Mayan Hieroglyph with Artist Pitt Pens.
Pottery Card Template Download – Click Here
Be sure to go on to the next blog in our hop to see the next wonderful Mayan creation!
Lori ( your here)
Click Here to Return to Lost Cost Designs Mayan Blog Post
17 thoughts on “Lost Coast Designs Mayan Blog Hop Day 1”
This is so cool. You have antique Mayan vase down to a tee here. Love the funky shape and terracotta look. Hugz
Thank you, Gail! 😊
This is a cool vase. Did not realize that was a stamp you used in the vase to make it looked cracked.
Thanks! Yes, the fibers background stamp worked great!
A very unique shaped card! Neat!
Thank you! 😊
This is so awesome! And am loving these stamps, the backgrounds are especially wonderful. And this vase project really sets everything off. 🙂
Thank you! 😊
Love this card, the vase shape is perfect for these stamps.
Thank you, Roni!! 😊
WOW!!! I majored in art history in college and you captured the look of ancient pottery perfectly. Love the shaped card and inked shading.
Thank you! That is really a lovely compliment!! 😊
Love the colours you have used – and the stamps!!
Oh Wow! So cool!
So cool project!
Wow! This is wonderful, Lori! I love that you made an authentic looking Mayan vase, right down to the crackled glaze. Thanks for the step-by-step instructions.
Thank you, Carole!