It’s time to go “Round and Round” with the 55th Challenge over of the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity.
For my contribution to this challenge, I created a card with background full of circles.
- Start with a 5″ x 7″ piece of water-color paper and (using acrylic paint) apply a wash of color as the base layer for this background. Paint, dab, and blot until you are happy with the effect. Allow to dry or heat set.
- Hand paint circles in white, blue and green around the card. Allow to dry or heat set.
- Apply paint splatters with white paint. Set aside to dry.
- On tissue paper, stamp the dragonfly, script stamp, and harmony saying (you will need multiple images of the script stamp) with archival ink.
- Use Circle dies to cut out sayings. You can be creative with placement and cut on edge of the words to leave blank spaces etc… See card for ideas.
- Trim the dragonfly and Harmony saying out with scissors, you don’t have to get fussy with this. Just cut around the image leaving an edge. The edge will disappear once adhered to the page.
- Arrange the die cut circles, dragonfly, and Harmony saying where you want them on the card. See card for placement.
- Use a matte varnish to adhere the tissue stamped images:
- Apply matte varnish directly to card where you will want the image to go.
- Gently lay down the tissue stamped image. Carefully! You don’t have a lot of room to play here as the tissue will tear if you try to pull it up and place again.
- Cover the tissue with another coat of matte varnish.
- Allow to dry or heat set.
- Repeat these steps will all images.
- Apply a coat of matte varnish over the entire panel. Allow to dry or heat set.
- Darken the edges of the panel with Artist Pitt Pens.
- Add twine around the bottom portion of the card.
- Apply pearls to bottom right corner.
- Adhere panel to card base with mounting foam tape.
Lost Coast Designs Stamps used:
- More Bugz – Dragonfly
- Harmony – saying
- Broken Letters – script
- DecoArt, Americana Acrylic Paint
- DecoArt, DuraClear matte varnish
- Faber-Castelle, Artist Pitt Pens
- Kaisercraft Basics, Adhesive pearls
- We R Memory Keepers, Nesting Circle Dies
- Mounting foam tape
I hope you enjoyed this project! I would love to see your “Round and Round” work as well so, please join in on this challenge by clicking on the link below.