Today I will be sharing with you a card that I made for the Lost Coast Designs’ “Tweet This” challenge as well as some exciting news…
So, let’s get right to the good news:
I am pleased to announce that I am a member of the Lost Coast Design team!
I am so excited to be joining this talented team of creative individuals; what a wonderful opportunity! It is sure to be a great adventure and I can’t wait to participate in the upcoming blog challenges and other Lost Coast activities!
Speaking of participating in challenges… I get to jump right into fun by starting off with a card for “Tweet This” May 2018 challenge. You can also join in on the fun by checking out The Lost Coast Challenge Blog/Portal of Creativity.
Below is the card that I made featuring stamps by Lost Coast Designs:
- 3 Birds, Calligraphy Doll
- Long Swirl
- Born to Stand Out (Carmen’s Veranda Quote)
Products (available from Lost Coast Designs):
- Nuance Powders
- Use Nuance powders to create a colorful background on a 4 ¼ ” x 6” panel of watercolor paper.
- Apply powder directly to panel and then spritz with water (for speckled effect).
- Apply powder to a craft mat, add water and then lay paper over wet color (for mottled effect).
- Use heat tool to dry.
- Randomly stamp “Calligraphy Doll” stamp over background with black archival ink.
- Stamp the “Long Swirl” image on panel from upper right to lower left (see card for positioning) with black archival ink.
- Distress edges of panel with Distressing Tool and then age with Vintage Photo, Distress Oxide Ink.
- Use black acrylic paint to add paint splatters to background.
- Dry with heat tool.
- Stamp a bird image (from 3 Birds set) onto a piece of tissue paper with black archival ink.
- Adhere the stamped piece of tissue onto a colorful piece of card stock with a matte medium.
- Dry with heat tool.
- Trim around the Bird, leaving a small edge beyond the stamped image.
- Adhere Bird element to card panel (see card for placement).
- Add highlights to bird with white pen.
- Tie a ribbon bow and adhere to bird.
- Stamp saying above bird with black archival ink.
- Use blending tool to apply Distress Oxide ink around outside of a white card base (4 ½” x 6 ¼”). I used Vintage Photo and Broken China.
- Adhere stamped panel to card base.
- Add self-adhesive bling to card.
- One for Bird’s eye.
- Three in right lower corner.
- Nuance Powders (orange, blue, green)
- Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Water Color Paper
- Tissue Paper
- DecoArt Americana DuraClear Matte Varnish.
- SEI Dill Blossom Scrapbook paper
- Want 2-Scrap self-adhesive Bling
- Distress Oxide ink, Vintage Photo & Broken China
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint, Lamp Black
- Uni-ball Signo pen, White
Thanks for stopping by my blog; I hope you enjoyed this project!