Over at Stamp Nation they have a Snowman Challenge that I am participating in. I love Snowmen! I been collecting them for years and have a special spot to display them each Christmas.
For this card, I wet stamped a snowflake collage stamp with Distress Oxide ink to create a watercolor/distressed background (using 3 different colors). I then added a few ink splotches (with Distress Oxide Ink) to add some interest. The snowman was stamped in black and mounted on a piece of cardstock (tinted with the same Distress Oxide ink). Both the snowman and mount were die cut from nesting circle dies. This element as then adhered to the card with dimensional tape. For some contrast, I stamped coordinating snowflakes, in black, around the card and then embellished up the piece with twine and sequence. Finally, I added the “I love Snowmen” sentiment. Fitting, I thought.
- The Angel Company, I Love Snowmen (no longer available)
- TPC Studio, Winter Collage Stamp set
- Unity Stamp Company Inc., Snow Wonderful
- Ranger, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Twisted Citron).
- Ranger Archival ink (Jet Black)
- Bazzil Cardstock (Marshemellow)
I hope you enjoyed this card and quick tutorial. Hope you all have a great week. Only 14 days to Christmas!