Finally had some time to work on a Mixed Media Canvas last night. I wanted to work on improving my blending skills. So, after applying a texture paste through a stencil and adhering all of my elements, I began adding and blending acrylic paint with a baby wipe to create a soft, mellow background. It took some time to build up and add the shading and color that I was looking for but the baby wipe technique worked really well. I think it is a nice twist to my normal steampunk approach.
White highlights were then added and I sealed the canvas with a Matte Medium. I think I am going to use the baby wipe blending technique a lot going forward! Love ease of use!
- 10″ x 10″ Premio stretched canvas
- Faber- Castell Artist Pitt Pens
- Momenta Metal stickers
- Vintage buttons
- Tim Holtz Ideology, Regal
- Sizzix – Tim Holtz Alterations Big Die, Gadget Gears
- Tim Holtz Grundboard
- Recollections wooden numbers
- Solid Oak Inc. Steampunk pieces
- Creative Embellishments, gears
- other metal findings
- 7 gypsies Display Trim
- Ranger, Texture Paste
- Folk Art Home Decor Stencil, Layer Fleur De Lis
- Paint Brush
- Prima metal embellishments
- Deco Art Metallic Paint, Champagne
- Craftsmart Paint, Parchment, Dark Tuepe, Indigo, Celery
- Art Alchemny Impasto Paint, snow white
- Art Basics Gesso, white
I hope that you have enjoyed this project and will try some blending techniques on your next project.