I have made it to the final challenge in the ITAC 2017 tournament. I have really enjoyed working through these challenges to create unique pieces to submit each week. The final challenge these is “The World”.
In the United States, this is the time of year that we hold our State and County Fairs. This is a time for the community to come together to share their accomplishments for the year. People are showcasing the quality of their sheep, goats, and even art work…you can find it all at the fair. I began thinking about what it must have been like to go to “The World Fairs” back in the 1800 and 1900’s. People coming from all over the world to share in the wonders and discoveries of man. Did you know that the Farris Wheel made it’s debut at the 1893 Chicago World Fair? Or, that the Eiffel Tower was built as the entrance to the 1889 World’s Fair in France? I was just reminded of these details as I was doing a little research for this project.
Going with these thoughts, I decided that a “World Fair” theme would be a great match for this challenge. These fairs were moments in time where the world united to learn and share in their discoveries. How cool it must have been!
Below is my Art Journal page (and Finale submission) titled “World’s Fair”.
- Circle Journal on Textured Acrylic paper
- Unity, Love, and Peace
- Woven burlap around edges and a spot of wire on acrylic world tag.
- Hits of white throughout the piece.
- Collage of pictures from various world fairs (public domain photos)
- Simply Art Acrylic Paper
- Tim Holtz – Stamper Anonymous Rubber stamps
- 7 Gypsies Rubber stamp
- Ranger Texture paste
- Ranger Archival Ink
- Tim Holtz Ideology products
- Gears and other embellishments
- Craftsmart Mutli-surface paint
- DecoArt Acrylic and Metallic paint
- Faber-Castelle Pitt pens
- Acrylic paint sprays
- TCW Stencil – TCW525s
Hope you all have a terrific week!