Wow, I can’t believe we are already into the 5th week of the 2017 ITAC Challenge; only 1 week to go.
This weeks focus was on “The Americas”. I certainly had a lot of inspiration to work with on this project! I have has always been drawn to the forest; I think it stems from growing up in the Northwestern potion of the United States. I just find such peace among the trees. Below is a photo of our most favorite camping spot. Isn’t lovely?!
So, with the forest in mind and the challenge at hand, I created the project below (5″ x 7″ mixed media flat panel canvas).
- A green color scheme with pops of bright blue (made me think of a forest with the streams and water flowing through them).
- Large Glass Chip wrapped in wire, representing the “ice component”
- Collage of green strips of paper (hinting of money), strips vintage music sheets (to add the element of music to the project) and beads for a little sparkle.
- A bright blue feather, ties in with the blues in the background and completes another of the challenge requirements.
- Finally, I stamped a few tiny birds and leaves in the piece to bring some life into my forest themed arrangement.
I really loved working on this challenge and can not wait to hear what is in store for us in the Grand Final.
- Faber-Castell, Gelatos
- Stamps from the Catherine Pooler’s Naturally Inspired Collection
- Glass chip
- Vintage Music sheets
- Scrapbook paper
- Ranger, Archival Ink
- Acrylic paint
2 thoughts on “ITAC Challenge – 5”
Wow this is lovely Lori.
Thank you, Tristan!