Just completed my 3rd project for the 2017 ITAC challenge (theme: Oceana).
For this project, I was inspired by all of the heroism, strength, and love shown by, not only the residents affected by devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey in Houston, Texas, but also the thousands of people who have come to their aid. It is times like these that one is truly humbled and awed by the resiliency and determine of others.
My heart, thoughts and prayers are going out to all who have been impacted by this storm and it’s aftermath.
- Live edge wood plank
- My Story: Strength, Harmony and love
- Stencil patterns that reminded my of Maori Tattoos
- Symbols of Harmony and Strength
- Fibers, twigs, sand and crushed shells
- Earth tones – blues and browns
- A dash of monochrome black and white demonstrated in the paper wrapped twigs.
- Love Charm, beads and other metal embellishments
- Folk Art Stencil #31473
- Art Minds Stenil – Live in the Sunshine
- Text and circle stamps by Viva Las Vegas Stamps
- Metal Embellishments
- Prima Gypsy Cord
- Finnabair Art Basics, Gesso & Soft Gloss Gel
- Ranger Archival Ink
- Acrylic Paint by:
- Apple Barrel
- Craft Smart
- Folk Art
- Sand & crushed shells
- Leather frame