I am back this week to share with you my submission for the 2nd Challenge in the ITAC 2017 tournament. Theme: Asia
One of the inspiration elements was to include “tiles, ceramic, pantiles, glazed tiles, or their designs”. I love working with tumbles stone tiles and decided to build my project around that element.
Finished piece, framed:
Finished piece, unframed.
- I was inspired by the intricate graphics of the various Mandala images that I found online and brought that element into my design by using texture paste and a stencil. The Mini Screen Print Stencil from TCW was a perfect match for this project and allowed me to create interest and texture to the background
- Cheese cloth was applied to the background as well to bring in a textile element that added additional depth and texture.
- Pearl Ex pigment powders were used to color the piece (applied using a matte medium). Colors used were Spring Green, Duo Red-Blue, Duo Blue-Green.
- A hand stamped 4 x 4 inch stone tile is the focal point of this piece. This tile was stamped on using stamps by The Angel Company (Asian themed stamps) as well as a hand-carved (by me) lotus flower image.
- The project was embellished with mini-glass tiles ( upper and lower corners) as well as Asian coins and a “Blessing” script.
- As far as Geometric patterns, there are all over this project. Lines, squares, circles etc…
Hope you enjoy this project!
2 thoughts on “ITAC 2017 – Challenge 2”