Years ago I taught a class on how to make a pinwheel for a card and thought I would drag this old technique out for a new spin (for detailed instructions see below). After I finished the card I started playing around with iMovie and made a fun short video. It is kind of silly and made me smile so I thought I would share it with you all. Mind you, this is a first time I have used iMovie so I am still learning.
- Cut 8 squares of paper 2″ x 2″.
- Take square and fold in half, corner to corner.
- Unfold and refold, bringing each corner down towards the center.
- Flip over and fold point up, approximately 1/4″ from the top.
- Complete steps 1 through 4 for all eight squares.
- Start assembling pinwheel by inserting corner one piece into pocket of another.
- Repeat step six until you complete a circle. The last piece, both corners get tucked into the left and right pockets of the other pieces.
And there you go, the pinwheel is now ready for use on you card or other project.
I hope you enjoyed this pinwheel card project as well as the video!